The Iguana will bite those who do not dream, and as one realizes that one is a dream figure in another person's dream... that is self-awareness!

17 Februar 2006

End of Run

After debating with myself for a while I decided to stop this experiment.

My reasons:
1) I caught a cold on wednesday morning and its getting worse
2) I thought it would be easy to stick to the schedule during University, it isnt (TOTAL control of schedule is essential)
3) Exams are coming up and I figured I'd be adapted before the main learning period starts (that would be this weekend) or at least my state of mind would make it possible to learn. It isnt ;) (Again, TOTAL control is a must...even if there is nothing important to do during the adaption, a time limit will put additional stress unto you)
4) I figured I could come up with things to do on scratch to pass the night hours, but thats not easy. I dont have a real PLAN to fill in my extra hours (I have a lot of things I'd like to do, e.g. Salsa classes, but took no start into making it happen), so I guess I should have a good plan before.
5) No sports...I LOVE my weightlifting and basketball, but there is no way I am gonna do it zombiefied (doing it at low exertion isnt a choice). This is a problem that will occur at ANY attempt to transition to polyphasic, but I didnt think about it before.

My goal to test my willpower is accomplished, I was 62 hours awake with ~3 hours of sleeping since wednesday. I never overslept or decided not to rise. This is no "I am too tired"-decision in the wee hours of the morning (I checked with a friend to see if I seem to be rationalizing my way out of it, which I dont).

The whole thing made me rethink my eating/sleeping habits which I plan to optimise as soon as possible. I will research more about reducing sleep time, getting more REM out of monophasic, as I still think it would be cool to have more time.

Good fight, good night!